Sunday, February 26, 2012

a history lesson

Yesterday I got to go explore Old Shasta and spend some time with my lovely roommate Melanie and her boo, Matt. I haven't been taking my Nikon out to play too much lately especially not now that I tend to use my phone for its convenience. But I had a lot of fun with it while we were exploring. Unfortunately the little museum was closed but we walked around for a while anyway. It's a really neat and cute, quiet area and since we just went over a lot of the Western Frontier in my US History class, it was really fun to go see the old town. Here are some of my favorites!







Last weekend was kind of crazy - I drove to Fernley, NV (4 hours east) to visit my family, and then not even 24 hours later drove back to Redding unexpectedly because Catlin brought a little surprise to town with her, Maribel came to visit! So I got to spend some amazing time with my good friends, and it was well worth the craziness.
cell phone pic

One last thing, I've been going through this Bible Study with my friends in Minnesota! A long distance Bible Study (we call it BS for short.. haha). It has been SO good so far, and I am so happy and blessed to have friends like them. Here is the book we're going through. 


Here is a link to the online study (I haven't really explored yet).  

Got to go to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. oh california, so so beautiful! glad you're well emily. i didn't know you were living with melanie!! that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete