Saturday, January 21, 2012

sunshine in winter

So I have to admit I realized the other day how I have been a bit hypocritical to myself in blogging, I have been signing on and checking fairly often for updates, stories, pictures from my friends across the USA and even around the world, and I get bummed every time I see no new updates. But then I realized I haven't posted in almost 3 weeks either, so haha. Here I am with an update, and even a beautiful picture of the sun rising this morning out on the road.
My classes this semester are going great so far! I'm taking World Art, US History, Music Appreciation, and Nutrition. I have a pretty strong feeling after one lecture in my Nutrition class that I may very easily be converted to some kind of health nut. I thought of Natasha several times throughout the class, and how I could take a leaf from her book and go vegan :)
It's been raining for about a week now, and it's supposed to continue throughout next week. However, this morning there is a glimpse of sky and it's let up on the watering so I've pulled back the drapes and I'm going to enjoy the sunshine for as long as it lasts.


It's been almost a month since I moved in to my new place here in Redding, and though I am still job hunting I am excited to be here and I am loving the scenery.




A little waterfall and pathway on my campus!


I will try to post more often, and that will be interesting as now I actually have studying and papers and such. But I love reading my friends posts, so I will be back soon I'm sure!


Been listening to an audio Bible in my car to and from classes, and this verse stood out to me the other day. I've heard it a lot, but it kind of hit home at the time, so I thought I'd share!
"Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! 'For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?' 'Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?' For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen" 
Romans 11:33-36

2 comments:

  1. May the sunshine more clearly
    and the Sonshine more dearly
    in your heart and in your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EMILY!!! i miss you and want to chat on the phone with you soon. ok :)

    ReplyDelete