Thursday, January 5, 2012

which one which one

Happy new year!

Today I have a quandary. Most days I seem to have quandaries but today I am gonna share. I am at the brink of starting school (again) and I am SO excited. Being on the campus and talking to counselors is reminding me of how much I want to be there! However, here is the issue:

I just moved here to Redding and haven't found a job yet. It's only been like a week and half, so I'm not worried. Today, I had a final interview at Wells Fargo for a teller position. I keep praying when it comes to a job that God will have a hand in whether or not I get it. Many, many times in the past I've been sure I wanted a certain job and I prayed and prayed to get it and it didn't come through only to see another job open up that, looking back, I now know I enjoyed much more than I would have the alternative. 
Now - I don't know if I got the job at Wells Fargo, I'll find out in a few days - but they made it pretty clear that they are looking for someone who doesn't have conflicting schedules with their needs (such as college classes), they prefer open availability at all times. I'm not picky if I need a job, I understand that a job is important but on the other hand the reason I moved back to California and left my friends and job in Minnesota was to go to school, and really go. Like full load classes, finish three years in three years, and really BE a student.
It could mean taking out loans to live off of until I do find a job that will work with my schedule which I would love to avoid (at all costs.. haha get it?) but I think even as I am writing this I am realizing I do want school to come first. I already decided that when I moved back to CA and then to Redding. I've been working working working for years and now I want to switch it up. I'm young and single and I should do these things while I can!! Right??!

So the quandary is to take the job if they offer it (it's greeaat pay) and put school second for a while longer or risk it and sign up for the classes I really want. I know what I want to do, but I just figured since no one is here at home for me to talk to and my parents are busy I'd write it out and see how it feels at the end, now I'm at the end and I think it helped clear up the situation!

If you have any advice on school, job and college going together and all that please share! I'd love to hear how other people succeed at this cause I don't get it!

Hope you are having a wonderful new year! It's been good to me so far :)

Sacramento River

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya friend. The thing about not so ideal situations is just that- they're not ideal. We're kind of in one ourselves at the moment- we need more money, but the more we work the less we're in school and longer it takes to finish and return overseas, plus like crazy people we want to add a baby into the mix. Sometimes where we feel god leading us seems like an unstable situation. It doesn't make much sense but we believe he'll work it all out. Love you emmy :)

    ReplyDelete