Thursday, December 29, 2011

unpacking

Well I have finally unpacked all of my boxes, suitcases and bags. I have set up my books, jewelery, pictures, and all of my clothes and shoes.

It's a good feeling, being able to feel "settled" although I have to admit it's taking some time for it to set it that I really am. My new roommates are away at a wedding for the weekend and now I'm all alone in this new town so as excited as I am to be here it's a little lonely for now. So I'm just chillin during these gloomy winter days and enjoying some tea (in the mug I got from my sister for Christmas), watching The Office.
But it's all good! I'm really looking forward to whats in store for me here in Redding! I am gonna meet with a school counselor next week to plan my semester and am hopefully close to getting a job at a bank (fingers crossed and praying daily!)
So with the move and all the holiday festivities I've been a little busy but here's a small recap of the last month:
 I got some new glasses and now I can read and look at my computer in my total hipster swag without all the squinting. My sister won't let up that I'm a hipster but I'm just as convinced that she would wear them too if she were so bold ;)
...
My family and I also got the incredible privilege to attend a friend's wedding the week before Christmas in Palm Desert. It was really small and intimate and SO exquisite. The groom is like an adopted son to my parents and basically my sister's and my long lost brother. He married an amazing woman and blessed us with including us in the family-only event. I didn't take too many pictures, but here's a peek:


I also baked a lot of cookies with my mom and accepted the fact that it's ok to eat a lot of cookies during Christmas.



For the first time ever my family was not at home for Christmas. My parents helped me move and then we traveled 4 hours east to Fernley, NV on Christmas Eve to be with my sister since she worked Christmas morning. On the subject of Fernley it is really nice to be living somewhere within driving distance of family. Hopefully within the next year or so my parents will also be living there and as much as I miss Minnesota that is something I am thankful for. Being in northern California again is really nice (I lived in the bay area as a child) and seeing redwoods and mountains again is really refreshing. This is the drive between Redding and Fernley that hopefully will become more and more familiar to me as I visit with my sister!


Well I'm gonna get back to watching Office reruns now. It's been good to catch up.
Peace.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the update i have been getting antsy! these photos are so fun! and yay for no more squinting. your glasses are awesome!

    ReplyDelete