Friday, March 23, 2012

ttttttiiiiimmmmeee

I decided in January that, as fun as it's been, I'm going to grow out my hair. I want LONG hair. It's always been my little girl dream to have long hair - like being a ballerina, or a princess.. all aspirations of mine.
 My hair in October
So I am now tasked with the challenge of being patient during the looong time it takes to grow out a pixie cut. I figure with as fast as my hair usually grows, I may have it where I really want it around the same time I plan to finish college. These are both things I want to rush through and just "get done already" but what I know about myself is that I could always step on the brakes at least a little and be better off. I tend to hit fast forward in life too often, and I've been really trying to slow down and enjoy it for what it is right now. Even typing that was hard to embrace. Patience. whhew...

So to help me through waiting for my hair to grow, I am just accepting it that it won't be long-long until I am done with college, and I won't be done with college until my hair is really long. And there is NOTHING I can do to change the speed of either of those, both are set to maximum and that has to be quick enough. So, patience.

Here is where my hair is at as of today.. definitely making progress! 

So Spring break is almost over.. tomorrow is the one day I have planned to really "vacation". I'm spending the day in Chico with Melanie, hitting up Forever 21 and some local coffee shop and getting some food in an actual restaurant. And as I should have anticipated, Sunday will be "cram in all the homework and studying I should have been doing all week" day. So what.
Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. ummm i LOVE your blog. post everyday so i can keep up with your life. i miss you so so sososososos much and your hair looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hear ya emily. every time i think i should definitely have my hair to the length i want by a certain time, it occurs to me that i still have about a year till i reach my goal. yikes! it's hard with curly hair though. it takes extra long. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. : ) I think your hair looks great right now...growing it out is so hard...you can do it! I'll be praying for patience and fullness of life as your heart adjusts to the long haul of school and hair : )

    ReplyDelete