Tuesday, March 12, 2013

it's been quite a while

I apparently gave up trying to keep my blog updated but recently I have been wishing I had some outlet for expressing all the things going on in life right now so I find myself here again.  :)

October (my last post) doesn't seem that long ago to me which just means time is literally flying..
Right now I am mentally rehearsing my oral presentation  for français tomorrow while listening to the Giants game. 
Every day I sign on to my college application accounts to check the status of the remaining six schools I haven't heard from yet. I have already been accepted to Long Beach State University and University of California, Riverside! Either of those schools would be awesome and if I don't get in anywhere else I am more than happy to go to one of them. The days sure stretch in between applying and getting an answer, though. The acceptances mean that in May I am leaving Redding and spending some time at home before moving to an exciting new place. So, so many things to occupy my mind with this fact alone! I think I could write a book with the thoughts I circulate about moving and the next two years of school (and beyond). 

It's been such a lovely winter here in Redding and I am loving getting to go out and ride my bike, go for walks and just breath the fresh spring-y air. I am falling in love with the daffodils, poppies, and little purple, star-shaped flowers that grow all over here. They don't sway my heart from dreaming about the ocean and university life waiting for me in southern California but they do make me truly thankful for my time here in Redding. 

Maybe I'll write a list now for the things I have on my mind and as I have time over the next couple weeks I'll pour out my thoughts on them here. 
- living a single life
- thinking about life after college
- fitness and health (I'm turning the big 25 soon!)
- being content while dreaming of big things to come
- figuring out how to be the woman I picture myself being
       ......and so many more things but this is plenty for right now.

to end on a français note in preparation for tomorrow..
demain c'est mon examen de français, souhaites-moi bonne chance! Bonne nuit mes amis :)


now-a-days in Redding...



 





2 comments: