Sunday, October 21, 2012

please Christmas don't be late.

Well I'm excited to say I just bought my plane ticket to the great state of Minnesota for this Christmas! I'll be there for almost two whole weeks!
I can honestly say it is already the highlight of my year. The thing I can look forward to and the thing I'll be able to fondly remember as I go through my days here in Redding. It's not that I regret moving here, or even leaving MN but when I think about it, I think of it as my home. A place I can be homesick for. My parents have moved out of the house I grew up in and into a whole new state and I, for the first time ever, feel like the comforting home base I've been able to lean on for years is gone. It's sad and exciting at the same time (and just to clarify, my parents new home is awesome and I am as welcome there as ever). But Minnesota, as cheesy as it is, is where my heart is. One day I may find a new city and new friends who help me create a new home but Redding isn't that place and until then, I am left remembering the good old days in Bloomington, MN.
Anyway, I can't wait to see my friends again and soak up some quality time in my beloved city.
Also Caribou.


1 comment:

  1. that's awesome that you get to go for so long! it was really sweet when we visited this summer. minnesota will always have a piece of my heart :)

    ReplyDelete